Delicious And Crunchy Home-Made 'Karachi Biscuits'
The deadly virus ‘Covid-19’ is making all and sundry to sit at home. This contagious disease has stopped all the major events and also made employees...
The deadly virus 'Covid-19' is making all and sundry to sit at home. This contagious disease has stopped all the major events and also made employees work from home.
And to protect our health, we need to stay at home and make our country free from this deadly disease.
So, we Hans India are here with a unique idea to stay away from junk food and satisfy your hunger pangs. Here we came up with the preparation process of amazing evening snacks 'Karachi Biscuits'.
Who doesn't love these Hyderabadi special biscuits??? They are soft, crunchy and filled with tutti-frutti… These biscuits can also be made at home… Wondered how??? Then look into the write-up…
The famous chef Tarla Dalal has doled out the making process through her Instagram page… Have a look!
- • Plain Flour (Maida) - 1 ½ cups
- • Custard Powder – ½ cup
- • Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- • Soft Butter – ½ cup
- • Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- • Tutti-Frutti – ½ cup
- • Rose Essence – 1 tsp
- • Chopped Cashew Nuts – ¼ cup
- • Milk – 6 tbsp
- • Firstly, you need to take a large bowl and add plain flour, custard powder and baking powder. Now, take a strainer and sieve it to make the flour mix free of lumps.
- • Next, take another bowl and mix both butter and sugar with a spatula. Add tutti-frutti, rose essence and cashew nuts to the same concoction and mix well.
- • Now, add this custard powder mix to the butter bowl and knead it into a soft dough adding milk in intervals.
- • Thereafter you need to divide the dough into two parts and then shape each portion into 183mm (length) and 50 mm (width) same like cylindrical shape and then wrap the doughs tightly through a cling wrap.
- • Next, refrigerate the doughs for almost 2 hours and then again press them slightly 4 sides with chapati roll to form a cuboid shape. Again refrigerate for 1 hour.
- • Finally, remove the doughs from cling wrap and then cut them with cookie cutter or knife exactly into pieces. Now, you need to bake the biscuits shifting them to oven tray for almost 30-35 minutes @180 degree centigrade.
- • Wow… The Karachi Biscuits are ready to hit your tummy… Store them in an air-tight container and have them with hot tea and enjoy your evening snacks…
For better understanding have a look at this video…
View this post on Instagram
Karachi Biscuit is one of the most well-known treats of Hyderabad. In fact, if you have been to Hyderabad and come back without buying the famous Karachi Biscuitsfrom Karachi Bakery, you are bound to face the wrath of your friends and family, who would have been eagerly waiting to bite into one of these melt-in-the-mouth, fruity biscuits!
Stay safe at home and enjoy homemade snacks…