- S.Korea, Vietnam agree to boost cooperation on critical minerals
- Vaishnaw PM’s favourite for CM’s post in Rajasthan: Sources
- Four Killed, One Seriously Injured in Head-On Collision Between Tata Ace and Truck
- Decades long struggle for title deeds continues in Mahaveer Nagar slum
- Two burnt alive in freak mishap
- NIA attaches properties of 2 LeT terrorists for 2015 attack on BSF troopers in J&K
- Muslim traders debarred from doing business in Karnataka temple fair
- nurture.farm kickstarts its Sustainable Rice Program for Rabi'23, leading the transition to Sustainable Agriculture Practices
- YS Jagan to visit Cyclone affected areas Guduru and Bapatla tomorrow
- AWG downgrades India again as lessors fail to get back planes from Go First
Foundry 4.0 student activity centre inaugurated at IIT Tirupati
Foundry 4.0 student activity centre (F4SAC) was inaugurated at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Tirupati on Saturday by the Director Prof K N Satyanarayana.
Tirupati: Foundry 4.0 student activity centre (F4SAC) was inaugurated at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Tirupati on Saturday by the Director Prof K N Satyanarayana. It was set up in association with the Institute of Indian Foundrymen (IIF). On the occasion, the Director explained the need and importance of Industry-Institute interaction and the role of F4SAC in producing experts in the field of Foundry for the Indian industry.
About 30 Ferrous, Non-ferrous casting industries participated in the event including Ashok Leyland Ltd, Ashley Alteams India Ltd, Haste Alloy India Limited, Srikalahasthi Pipes, Sibar Autoparts Ltd and AGM Nelcast Ltd. Dr Ajay Kumar, faculty coordinator, F4SAC, IIT Tirupati; Dr A Madan Mohan, Head of Mechanical Engineering department, Dr E Anil Kumar, dean SRC, IIF office bearers K Dayalan, P Venkatesan, and R A Prasad were present on the occasion.
Later, the Industrial representatives shared their thoughts on recent trends and expressed interest to extend their support to IIT Tirupati through internship, placements and research collaborations.
Photo: IIT Tirupati Director Prof K N Satyanarayana with other dignitaries at the inauguration plaque of Foundry 4.0 student activity centre on Saturday.