- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
- Leelavathi was embodiment of selflessness: DCM D K Shivakumar
- Greenwood High students win inter school soccer tournament
- Senior Leadership Programme in Fintech launched
Jana Sena Party fields Chadalawada from Tirupati Assembly
In a surprise move, Jana Sena Party (JSP) issued party ticket to former TTD chairman Chadalawada Kirshnamurthy to contest from Tirupati Assembly constituency.
Tirupati: In a surprise move, Jana Sena Party (JSP) issued party ticket to former TTD chairman Chadalawada Kirshnamurthy to contest from Tirupati Assembly constituency. Krishnamurthy who was TDP MLA (1999-2004) quit the party and joined Jana Sena Party six months back.
It is needless to say that Krishnamurthy candidature disappointed particularly many local Jana Sena leaders who are working for the party since its inception, aspiring for the party ticket to contest from Tirupati Assembly constituency.
Krishnamurthy thanked JSP chief Pawan Kalyan for choosing him to contest from the prestigious Tirupati seat and said that it is a gift given by the God to serve the people. He said he would take complete support of the party activists to emerge victorious from the constituency.
Interestingly, Krishnamurthy while joining Jana Sena said that he was forced to quit the TDP as he was ignored by party supremo N Chandrababu Naidu and also by local party leaders, though he has high regard for Chandrababu for giving him the opportunity to become MLA and also providing him the enviable post of TTD Chairman.
However, the Jana Sena Party is still to finalise the candidates for the remaining Assembly seats in Chittoor district where the party allotted three Assembly seats and two LS seats to its partner BSP, disappointing the CPM and CPI district leaders.
Jana Sena is still to announce candidates for 8 Assembly seats in Chittoor district where the party already declared its candidates for Tambalapali, Palamaner and Tirupati.