- New Delhi: Education gets more accessible, India adopts global standards
- Srikakulam: Traders exploit cashew farmers by offering low price
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy meets Amit Shah in Delhi
- New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's monumental moment
- TDP in poll mode
- ISRO gears up for navigational satellite launch today
- New Delhi: Despite run-ins with Centre, Supreme Court has upheld its independence in last 9 yrs
- New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
Tirupati: 139 patients to undergo free surgeries in SVIMS
SVIMS selected 139 poor patients for free surgeries under TTD Pranadana scheme.
Tirupati: SVIMS selected 139 poor patients for free surgeries under TTD Pranadana scheme. The Pranadana committee led by Director-cum-Vice-Chancellor Dr B Vengamma met on Thursday and selected the patients. The committee scrutinised the merits of each case and finalised the list to undergo free surgeries. The health and socio-economic conditions of patients were also taken into consideration.
Out of the 139 patients, 38 patients require surgeries in neurosurgery department, 21 in neurology, one in cardiology, 18 in nephrology, 16 in medicine, 10 in cardiothoracic, nine in radiotherapy, two in endocrinology, 15 in surgical oncology, seven in gastroenterology, one each in urology and medical oncology.
The committee thanked the TTD for providing financial assistance for the poor to get surgeries and appealed to the donors to contribute liberally to the scheme. Medical superintendent Dr Ram, RMO Dr KV Kotireddy, TTD Chief Medical Officer Dr AB Narmada, Superintendent of maternity hospital Dr N Seetharama Raju, Dr Gowtham and Dr A Sandeep Reddy of SVIMS took part in the meeting. Photo: SVIMS Director Dr B Vengamma reviewing the case sheets of patients during the Pranadana committee meeting in Tirupati on Thursday.