- Kota Srinivas Rao comes down heavily on star heroes remunerations
- ‘2018’ Telugu version collects a whopping amount in first eight days; movie to hit OTT soon
- Mars comes closer to Earth for millions via ESA live-streaming
- Sharwanand rocks at his Sangeeth
- Odisha Train Accident Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit accident site in short while
- Youthful romantic entertainer wraps its production
- Apollo Unveils India's First 5G Connected Ambulance Service
- ‘Businessman’ re-releases; will it break ‘Pokiri’ re-release collections?
- ‘Narasimha Naidu’ to have a re-release on this auspicious day
- Rakul looks chirpy in a two-piece bikini
Vijayawada: FASTag message helps cops catch robber
- Noticing a vehicle laden with electronic goods near a showroom, the accused cleverly lifted the vehicle and went to Gauravaram village and tried to sell the goods at very low price
- On the other hand, the vehicle driver, the employee of the showroom, received a FASTag message of crossing the vehicle at Keesara toll plaza on national highway on Monday afternoon and passed the information to police
- Cops arrest the accused; electrical goods, vehicle seized
Vijayawada: Jaggaiahpet highway patrolling police apprehended one person accused of robbing electrical goods worth Rs7 lakh along with a goods carrying vehicle Tata Ace in Vijayawada when he was trying to sell the valuables to the local people at Gauravaram village near Jaggaiahpet.
According to Jaggaiahpet police, the accused had stolen a goods carrier vehicle laden with electronic goods from a reputed showroom in Nidamanuru on the outskirts of Vijayawada on Monday and proceeded towards Vijayawada-Hyderabad national highway.
The vehicle laden with four LEDs costing Rs3,76,000, eight air conditioners valued at Rs2.92 lakh and two washing machines worth Rs38,000 was parked near an electronic showroom in Nidamanuru under Patamata police station limits. The vehicle driver was assigned to deliver the goods at the showroom in Bhimavaram in West Godavari district. Noticing the vehicle near the showroom, an accused cleverly lifted the vehicle and went to Gauravaram village and tried to sell the goods at very low price.
On the other hand, the vehicle driver, the employee of the showroom, received a FASTag message of crossing the vehicle at Keesara toll plaza on national highway on Monday afternoon.
He immediately informed to Patamata police about the theft of vehicle along with the electrical goods. The Patamata police alerted the Jaggaiahpet police and highway teams. The police nabbed the accused and seized the electrical goods along with the vehicle.
Hundreds of vehicles pass on the national highway and it will be difficult to keep vigil on the highways. But the FASTag message helped the police to track the vehicle and arrest the accused.
Krishna district Superintendent of Police M Ravindranath Babu presented the cash rewards to the constables P Ramesh and P Srinivasa Rao, who successfully tracked the goods vehicle and apprehended the accused.