Adityanath to begin poll campaign from Saharanpur
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday announced that he will kick off his poll campaign for the coming Lok Sabha elections from Saharanpur on Sunday.
Lucknow:Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday announced that he will kick off his poll campaign for the coming Lok Sabha elections from Saharanpur on Sunday.
In a tweet in Hindi, Adityanath said that with the "blessings of Ma Shakummbhari, I will be launching the campaign from Saharanpur, the land known for its wood work, to wipe out dynastic politics and take the victory chariot of the BJP further".
In Saharanpur, he will also address a public rally after which he will fly to Mathura, where he will seek votes for actress-turned-politician Hema Malini, who has been fielded for a second term from the seat.
An aide told IANS that the Chief Minister will also hold rallies in Gorakhpur and Varanasi on March 26.
He has represented Gorakhpur for five straight terms in the Lok Sabha before he resigned to take over as Chief Minister.
- Kerala witnesses heavy polling of 77.68 per cent votes; highest in 30 years
- Charges against CJI: Supreme Court asks IB, CBI, Delhi Police to look into evidence given
- Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
- PM Modi shares his likes, life moments with Akshay Kumar
- Modi biopic should be released after polls: Election Commission to Supreme Court