Arrested DSP Davinder quizzed, many questions still unanswered
As the quizzing of arrested J$K Police Deputy Superintendent Davinder Singh is still on since his arrest on January 11 for travelling with two top...
New Delhi : As the quizzing of arrested J$K Police Deputy Superintendent Davinder Singh is still on since his arrest on January 11 for travelling with two top Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists, the investigators need clarification on 10 major questions which relate to national security.
As the NIA has been approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs to investigate the case following revelations what so far made by Singh during his interrogation to a joint team of the NIA, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), the Intelligence Bureau (IB), and Jammu and Kashmir Police's CID, the major corn is to clarify the real motive of the terrorists.
The NIA can now interrogate Singh thoroughly to find out the motive of the terrorists and his links to Hizbul Mujahideen and other terrorist organisations during their previous operations in the Valley.
* What was the main plan of the Hizbul terrorists Naveed Babu and Asif Ahmad with whom Singh was travelling in a car to Jammu when they were held by Jammu and Kashmir Police on January 11 at Mir Bazaar before the Jawahar tunnel in Kulgam district along with lawyer Rafi Ahmad?
* What was the operation which the terrorists wanted to execute in Delhi on or before Republic Day after reaching Chandigarh for onward journey?
* Why didn't Singh inform any senior officer if, what he claimed, he was taking the terror operatives to surrender?
* Why a cache of arms and ammunition -- five grenades and AK-47 rifles -- were kept in the car they were travelling and Singh's Indiranagar residence in Srinagar which were recovered during police raids?
* Did Singh help terrorists earlier as well?
* Why was Singh's name mentioned in the letter written by Afzal Guru to one of his lawyers in which it was alleged that the Jammu and Kashmir officer had tasked him to take a terrorist to Delhi and arrange for his accommodation there?