- 'TCS' best years ahead; outgoing CEO Rajesh Gopinathan writes to employees
- Ganta Srinivas responds to TDP mini manifesto, says it is just a trailer
- June Movie Calendar: Check Out The New Releases Of Theatres And OTT Platforms
- Delhi girl murder case: Kejriwal seeks harshest punishment, announces Rs 10L compensation
- K Raghavendra Rao Dropped His Version Of ‘RRR’ Sharing A Video With Senior NTR And Rama Naidu
- The Music Mania Of Megastar Chiranjeevi’s ‘Bholaa Shankar’ Will Begin Soon
- How to Download BGMI on iPhone
- Megastar Chiranjeevi, Meher Ramesh, Anil Sunkara’s Mega Massive Movie Bholaa Shankar- Bholaa Mania Starts Soon
- Tirumala traffic police gears up for measures to prevent accidents on ghat road
- 2018 Movie Witnesses Decrease in Monday Collections
Fact Check: Former President Pranab Mukherjee's Death News
Abhijit Mukherjee, Pranab Mukherjee's son and Sharmistha, his daughter, tweeted saying he is alive and is thermodynamically stable.
On August 13 morning, some rumours were mongering on social media that Pranab Mukherjee, former President of India and Bharat Ratna, has passed away. Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai was the first person to tweet about the former president Pranab Mukherjee's death.
Later Vamsi Chand Reddy, AICC secretary and former MLA from Telangana also tweeted condolences for the ex-president, declaring that he is no more.
With Rajdeep Sardesai and Vamsi Chand Reddy tweeting about the death of Mr Mukherjee, the 'news' got spread like fire and many social media users started tweeting about former president's death.
However, Abhijit Mukherjee, Pranab Mukherjee's son and Sharmistha, his daughter, tweeted saying he is alive and is thermodynamically stable. They condemned the behaviour of certain media persons for declaring a person dead before confirmation from reliable sources. Abhijit stated, "Speculations & fake news being circulated by reputed Journalists on social media clearly reflects that Media in India has become a factory of Fake News."
My Father Shri Pranab Mukherjee is still alive & haemodynamically stable !— Abhijit Mukherjee (@ABHIJIT_LS) August 13, 2020
Speculations & fake news being circulated by reputed Journalists on social media clearly reflects that Media in India has become a factory of Fake News .
However, Abhijit did not specify Rajdeep's name; his tweet clearly says that he was deeply anguished to see a senior journalist like Rajdeep tweeting about his father's death even without confirmation.
Sharmistha Mukherjee, the former president's daughter also slammed the fake news and requested media to not disturb her by calling her again and again, as she needs to keep her phone free for updates from the hospital about her father's health condition.
Rumours about my father is false. Request, esp'ly to media, NOT to call me as I need to keep my phone free for any updates from the hospital🙏— Sharmistha Mukherjee (@Sharmistha_GK) August 13, 2020
Rajdeep Sardesai apologises for his tweet
After the clarifications by the former president's children, Rajdeep deleted his earlier tweet and apologised. He said he should not have believed fake news and should have confirmed before tweeting about it.
Pranab Mukherjee is still critical
Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee underwent brain surgery for the removal of a clot. He tested COVID-19 positive before the surgery. He was hospitalised to the Army's Research and Referral (R&R) hospital.
"The condition of Hon'ble Shri Pranab Mukherjee remains unchanged this morning. He is deeply comatose with stable vital parameters, and he continues to be on ventilatory support," informed Aroor.