If you scrap Article 370, your relation with J&K will be over: Mufti warns Centre
Srinagar: People's Democratic Party (PDP) president and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba...
Srinagar: People's Democratic Party (PDP) president and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday warned that if the central government scraps Article 370, its relationship with the state will come to an end.
Article 370 of the Indian Constitution grants special autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Mufti also said new conditions would emerge if Article 370 is scrapped.
"If you break that bridge (Article 370)... Then you will have to renegotiate the relationship between India and Jammu and Kashmir. There will be new conditions... A Muslim majority state, would it even want to stay with you? If you scrap Article 370, your relation with Jammu and Kashmir will be over," she said.
Demands have surfaced time and again to revoke Article 370 along with Article 35 (A), which grants special rights and privileges to the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA
- BJP will repeat 2014 UP victory in WB; Mahagathbandhan vision-less: Ram Madhav