JD(S) and Congress take a step forward towards seat-sharing
- The national party has identified four seats which are going to be spared for its junior partner.
- Sources have also said that, discussions are still on for four more seats.
BENGALURU: On Monday, the talks regarding seat-sharing between the Congress and JD(S) for the Lok Sabha elections took a step forward with the national party identifying four seats which are going to be spared for its junior partner. So the JD(S) will be contesting from Hassan, Mandya, Shivamogga and Uttara Kannada constituencies.
Sources have also said that, discussions are still on for four more seats - Mysore-Kodagu, Tumakuru, Bengaluru North and Chikkaballapur - for the JD(S).
The deal is most likely to be settled by Thursday. However, the Congress leaders,are not keen on parting with the Mysuru seat. Siddaramaiah the Congress Legislature Party leader has urged the party high command to not concede the seats which are currently being held by the members of the party.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow