Man held with pistol in Delhi Metro
A 38-year-old man has been apprehended at a Delhi Metro station Sunday for allegedly carrying a pistol in his bag, officials said.
New Delhi:A 38-year-old man has been apprehended at a Delhi Metro station Sunday for allegedly carrying a pistol in his bag, officials said.
CISF personnel apprehended Vishal C, a resident of Lajpat Nagar in Delhi, at the Anand Vihar Metro station at around 6 AM after the X-ray baggage scanner detected a country-made pistol in his bag, they said.
The man was handed over to the local police by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel for further investigation, officials said.
Carrying arms and ammunition in the Delhi Metro is banned by the law.
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors
- Smriti Irani's close aid, campaigner shot dead in Amethi
- Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms Strike Tripura, Over 700 People Homeless