Rahul Gandhi meets Alwar gang-rape victim
Congress president Rahul Gandhi Thursday met a Dalit woman who was allegedly gang-raped in front of her husband in Rajasthan's Alwar district, party sources said.
Jaipur:Congress president Rahul Gandhi Thursday met a Dalit woman who was allegedly gang-raped in front of her husband in Rajasthan's Alwar district, party sources said.
Gandhi was accompanied by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, deputy CM Sachin Pilot and Congress national general secretary Avinash Pandey, they said.
He was earlier scheduled to arrive here Wednesday.
On April 26, six miscreants accosted the woman and her husband on the Thanagazi-Alwar bypass and took them to an isolated place, where they allegedly raped her in front of him.
An FIR was lodged on May 2 and the accused circulated a video clip of the crime on May 4.
Subsequently, five accused, who allegedly raped the woman, and the one who shot and circulated the video clip, have been arrested.
The incident triggered widespread protests in Alwar, Jaipur, Dausa and nearby areas and a protest march led by BJP's Rajya Sabha MP Kirori Lal Meena had turned violent in Dausa on Tuesday, leaving over half a dozen people injured.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BSP supremo Mayawati and other leaders have condemned the incident.
- Surgeons remove 8 Spoons, Knife, 2 Toothbrushes from a Man's stomach
- Charge sheet filed against accused in Bandipora rape case
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit