- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Balakrishna to take up AP Special Status issue with BJP leaders
Actor and Hindupuram MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna who addressed the TDP Mahanadu in Tirupati said that he plans to take up the issue of the Special Category Status with the BJP leaders.
Actor and Hindupuram MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna who addressed the TDP Mahanadu in Tirupati said that he plans to take up the issue of the Special Category Status with the BJP leaders. Pointing out that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is ably protecting the interests of Andhra Pradesh, Balakrishna even recalled his father and former Chief Minister NT Rama Rao's contribution to the state.
Noting the services of NTR for the weaker sections, the Hindupuram MLA said that NTR had preserved the self-respect of the Andhras by depicting the state for its distinct language and culture thus refraining from the generalization of the North people that all the South Indians are Madrasis.
Balakrishna further added that Chandrababu is a capable leader who could lead AP on the path of development.