- New Delhi: 'LG threatened officers to stall bus marshal scheme'
- TDP may field Reddy candidate in Chandragiri
- YSRCP changes GD Nellore candidate - for 3rd time
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 1st March 2024
- New semicon investments to stay in Asia, but off China
- New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh Government out of ICU; 6 Congress MLAs disqualified
- Intelligence, a prime security weapon
- New Delhi: Tunnel rescue hero's house demolished; DDA's offer rejected
- Changing trends in Indian cricket
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
Six Maoists surrender
Six militia members of banned Maoists attached to Galikonda and Korukonda Area Committees surrendered before Superintendent of Police Rahul Dev Sharma here on Sunday.
Visakhapatnam: Six militia members of banned Maoists attached to Galikonda and Korukonda Area Committees surrendered before Superintendent of Police Rahul Dev Sharma here on Sunday.
Following are the surrendered militia members Korra Rajababu (42), Vanthala Sethu alias Tilusu (25), Vanthala Ramakrishna (35) and Vanthala Ravi (30) on whom a cash award of Rs 1 lakh was announced, Korra Mallana (30) and Pangi Bhaskar Rao (35). All the members are natives of GK Veedhi and Chintapalli mandals.
While producing them before the media, Superintendent of Police Rahul Dev Sharma said that the rebels were involved in several offences, including exchange of fire killing Sagina Venkata Ramana, damage of APFDC’s coffee godowns, occupying the coffee plantations and a few other offences. The militia members surrendered before the police fed up with Maoist ideology.
After intensified operations to check the Maoist operations, the number of surrenders has been increasing in the agency, the Superintendent of Police added. He also assured that they would withdraw cases against the surrendered Maoists and recommend to the government officials to provide the government benefits and income sources to the surrendered Maoists to lead their life happily in society.