- Yogi government expanded its cabinet, 4 new ministers Joined
- Delhi: Woman dies after husband sets her ablaze amid quarrel
- Govt targets 5-fold jump in India’s share of global space economy
- Happy Shiva Ratri 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Shiva Ratri
- Bengal Govt moves SC against CBI probe into attack on ED at Sandeshkhali
- Four new ministers inducted in UP Cabinet
- Technology’s share in world Mcap nearing 40 pc, showing high-level of concentration
- Pro-Pak slogans row: Police told to take strict action against anti-national activities, says Karnataka Dy CM
- Jr NTR’s role in ‘War 2’ revealed; fans in big shock
- Gopichand unveils insights about his upcoming action extravaganza
Seminar on Hydrology
The 35th and 36th annual convention of Association of Hydrologists of India (AHI) and a national seminar on ‘Hydrology’ with a colloquium on ‘Nature based solution to water challenges’ was inaugurated on Thursday at Andhra University to mark the World Water Day.
Visakhapatnam: The 35th and 36th annual convention of Association of Hydrologists of India (AHI) and a national seminar on ‘Hydrology’ with a colloquium on ‘Nature based solution to water challenges’ was inaugurated on Thursday at Andhra University to mark the World Water Day.
Delivering the inaugural address, the Director of National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), Hyderabad, Dr VM Tiwari, said that one has to pay attention to every component in hydrological cycle for seeking nature-based solutions to answer water challenges.
He outlined the problems of water scarcity and pollution of water. He also mentioned certain countries are even observing no water day on the World Water Day.
Delegates from different universities, including Anna University, Annamalai University, Pondicherry University, SRTM, Nanded, BRAU, Adikavi Nannaya University and scientific institutions like NGRI, NIH, CWRDM, CWRPS, NCESS, IIG, IMD, APGW Department, apart from the academic departments of Andhra University are participating in the convention.
The NGRI-AHI Hydrology awards also distributed during the inaugural session. Dr JR Sharma of NRSC, Brahm Prakesh of ISRO and Anny Cazenave, LEGOS, CNES, Toulouse, France received the awards.