- Beat the heat with these makeup tips & tricks
- Her pawsome journey
- Telangana: Doctors to get 15% raise in stipend
- Hyderabad: Kishan lashes out at KCR
- Schedule for EAMCET counselling released
- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
Panchayat staff warned of action for failure in sanitation by Collector K Bhaskar
West Godavari District Collector K Bhaskar on Friday warned the panchayat officials of suspension if they failed in their responsibility of maintaining sanitation in villages
Eluru: West Godavari District Collector K Bhaskar on Friday warned the panchayat officials of suspension if they failed in their responsibility of maintaining sanitation in villages.
He reviewed sanitation and other issues relating to panchayats with panchayat officials here.
Speaking on the occasion, he lamented that the attitude of the officials remain lethargic even though he had been holding meetings on sanitation, management of solid waste and construction of sheds ever since inception of Swachh Bharat programme four years ago.
The Collector wanted the Panchayat officials to monitor sanitation and removal of silt from drains since 5.30 am everyday.
Panchayat secretary and extension officers would be kept under suspension if they failed to implement cent per cent garbage collection apart from construction of sheds for solid waste management by September-end.
He directed the officials to hand over green vehicles to the beneficiaries at the earliest.
The Collector announced that there was availability of 30 lakh saplings with forest and DWAMA.
The panchayat secretaries should play key role in involving people in massive plantation and protection of trees.
Those who plants a sapling in their backyard and protects it would get tax relief.
The planted saplings would be geo-tagged and details would be put online so that they could avail tax concession after one year.