- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
CM Cup Kabaddi tourney begins in Kakinada
The threeday CM Cup interuniversity Kabaddi tournament was declared open on Tuesday evening at JNTUK grounds by ViceChancellor M Ramalinga Raju The tournament was being organised by Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh SAAP and department of collegiate education The ViceChancellor lit the lamp as mark of inauguration and took the guard of honor from the participating teams
Kakinada: The three-day CM Cup interuniversity Kabaddi tournament was declared open on Tuesday evening at JNTU-K grounds by Vice-Chancellor M Ramalinga Raju. The tournament was being organised by Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) and department of collegiate education. The Vice-Chancellor lit the lamp as mark of inauguration and took the guard of honor from the participating teams.
Addressing the gathering, Raju complemented the participants who turned up from various parts of the state. The V-C also observed that the rural sports like Kabaddi can be played at anytime and anywhere.
Speaking on the occasion, CEO of District Sports Authority S Malli Babu said that the state government had taken special initiative for development of sports and games in the state. JNTU-K intercollegiate tournament secretary GP Raju informed the details of conduct of the tournament.