- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
- Punjab all set to host Northern Zonal Council meeting
- OpenAI’s ChatGPT can now see, hear and speak
- PM Modi to unveil over Rs 4,505 crore development projects in Gujarat on Sept 27
- World Lung Day 2023: Date, theme, significance and history
- Breathe easy!
- Happy World Pharmacists Day 2023: Wishes, Theme, History and Significance
- Karam Festival 2023: What is Karam Puja and Its Significance in West Bengal?
- Namma BMTC Mobile app launched
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Announces the Culmination of its North Regional 'Great 4X4 Expedition by Toyota', loaded with Fun and Amazing Adventures
Parents urged to send girls to school in Guntur
MLC AS Rama Krishna said that the government led by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu introduced many welfare schemes for girl children
Guntur: MLC AS Rama Krishna said that the government led by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu introduced many welfare schemes for girl children.
He addressed the ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Padao’ programme held under the aegis of Field Outreach Bureau of the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting at SKBM High School in Guntur city on Thursday on the occasion of National Girl Child Day.
Speaking on this occasion, he said that male population was disproportionate to the female population in the country and felt there was a need to check infanticide.
He urged the parents to send their girl children to school along with their sons.
K S R Murthy of Field Outreach Bureau said that ‘Beti Bachao- Beti Padao’ was a gift to the girl children.
He urged the parents to avail benefit of welfare schemes introduced by the Centre.
Officials of various government departments were present.