- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
16 drunken drivers sent to jail in Prakasam district
The Prakasam district police office announced that as part of the controlling of drunken driving and further mishaps, the SP ordered strict vigil in the district
Ongole: The Prakasam district police office announced that as part of the controlling of drunken driving and further mishaps, the SP ordered strict vigil in the district.
In the checks at various places from January 18 to 25, the DPO said that the police personnel booked cases under section 185 (A) of MVI Act for violation of traffic rules and drunken driving on 237 persons.
When submitted them before the court along with another 186 pending offenders, the judge imposed jail term and fine for 16 drivers and fined the remaining.
The police said that they collected Rs 2,62,500 as fine from the offenders and offered to counsel them.