- Flight operations resume at Srinagar international airport
- Gear up for LS polls, Revuri tells Cong workers
- Madras HC directs TN DGP to implement guidelines on bullock cart races
- Delhi High Court restrains Geetanjali Salon from playing copyrighted songs without licence
- Is Deepika Padukone Having a Baby With Ranveer Singh?
- AI startups from Tier 2, 3 cities is PM Modi’s dream: Union Minister
- Huge corruption unearthed in Smart City works
- Mahabubnagar: Palpable tension among aspirants
- Brahmotsavam Jatara draws multitudes of devotees
- BJP Capitalises on ‘Ram naam’ to woo voters
AIDS test conducted to prisoners in vijayawada
As part of National AIDS control programme, the Andhra Pradesh State AIDS Control Society APSACS organised AIDS test to about 145 inmates of District Jail at Gandhinagar here on Monday
Vijayawada: As part of National AIDS control programme, the Andhra Pradesh State AIDS Control Society (APSACS) organised AIDS test to about 145 inmates of District Jail at Gandhinagar here on Monday.
The camp was led by A Chandrashekar, joint director of APSACS along with Dr TLN Prasad, P Kiran, Venkat, Kranthi Kumar, members of Vasavya Mahila Mandali.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Prasad explained about HIV and how it is transmitted to others, how it can be prevented.
He informed the gathering on the precautionary measures to be taken by the HIV affected patient.
He advised people not to show discrimination towards HIV affected patient.