- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Model college students agitate for facilities at Yerragondapalem
Government Model Degree College students in Yerragondapalem organised a rally and human chain as part of their agitation demanding that the government provide permanent buildings to their college
Yerragondapalem: Government Model Degree College students in Yerragondapalem organised a rally and human chain as part of their agitation demanding that the government provide permanent buildings to their college.
On Tuesday, the college students took out a rally in the Yerragondapalem town and blocked the traffic by forming a human chain. The students said that though the college was established in 2008 along with six model degree colleges in the state, the construction of buildings was not complete even after a decade.
The students, A Anil Kumar, K Adam and others explained that they are dividing a room for two classes with curtains and are struggling with lack of infrastructure including toilets.
They said that they have brought the issue to the notice of local MLA Palaparti David Raju, tahsildar, regional joint director and Collector but there was no response from any of them.
The students are demanding the chief minister to complete the classrooms and college buildings by allocating funds immediately and see their education continue in a peaceful environment and atmosphere.