- Rambha birthday special: Actress who ruled for almost two decades
- Apple expected to reveal mixed-reality headset at developer conference
- Train crash: Odisha to bear transportation cost of bodies
- Embark on a Transformative Journey in Business Leadership with MIT-WPU's Integrated Business Management Programme
- 360LIFE, A Leading Real Estate Developer Celebrated WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- CEAT Celebrates World Environment Day
- Hansal Mehta shares his ‘cardinal rule’ while crafting characters
- TCS Recognised as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for ESG/Sustainability Strategy Consulting Services
- Following are foreign exchange rates on june- 05-2023
- Hyderabad: MANUU observes World Environment Day
Promotions provided as per High Court orders: DGP R P Thakur
DGP R P Thakur strongly refuted allegations made by the YSR Congress Party that promotions in the State police department were made based on caste criteria
Tirupati: DGP R P Thakur strongly refuted allegations made by the YSR Congress Party that promotions in the State police department were made based on caste criteria.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Southern States DGPs conference here on Tuesday, Thakur said, “I am purely reacting on news published in newspapers in which somebody criticised that we had given departmental promotions on caste basis.
It is absolutely wrong. First we are working as police and we have no caste. We only represent the caste of ‘Khaki.’ The promotions are given as per the High Court directions and based on merit. There was no secrecy.”
He further said, “Moreover as the boss in the police department, I have to look after the welfare of my staff and officers.” Thakur said people are well aware of his style of functioning and the work that he had put in as the DGP of ACB during the last two years. He said that he was ready to place the facts before the Election Commission if any clarification was sought.