Tata Kite hatchback officially christened as Zica
The Tata Kite hatchback has been officially christened as the Zica and will be launched in India in the first week of January.
The Tata Kite hatchback has been officially christened as the Zica and will be launched in India in the first week of January. The Tata Kite hatchback's name was revealed in a new teaser featuring the carmaker's new brand ambassador Lionel Messi. Tata revealed that the name is a derivation of 'ZIppy CAr', which is probably an indicator to the upcoming hatchback's performance.
For the uninitiated, the power line-up of Tata Zica is expected to include a new 1.05-litre three-cylinder common-rail diesel motor that can churn out 64.1bhp and 140Nm of torque, and an all-new 1.2-litre petrol engine. The transmission duty in Zica is likely to be handled by five speed gearbox and we also hear there could be an AMT variant on offer.
As for features, Tata Zica is expected to house electrically adjustable ORVMs, rear defogger and company's signature steering wheel with controls. As far as the pricing is concerned, the rumours swirling on the web indicate that Tata is likely to price its new Zica hatchback starting at Rs 3.6 lakh( ex-showroom).
- Maharashtra Lok Sabha poll: BJP move to replace 6 sitting MPs pays off
- Deve Gowda's grandson says he is willing to give up Hassan Lok Sabha seat for grandfather
- After Lok Sabha poll rout, Karnataka cabinet reposes faith in Kumaraswamy
- Fire at SAIL's Bhilai plant; no casualty
- Left has suffered severe defeat: CPI-M