Diana’sWhite and gold gown fetches $167,000
Diana’s White And Gold Gown Fetches $167,000. Kerry Taylor Auction Said The Dress' Aution Price Exceeded Initial Estimates.
Princess Diana’s lavish white and gold ballet-inspired ball gown has fetched 102,000 pounds ($167,000) at a London auction.
The strapless gown, which features gold sequins, rhinestones and pearl beads, was not designed for Diana — but the royal chose it herself from a collection by her favourite designers, the Emanuels, said Kerry Taylor Auction
The auction house said Diana wore the dress, which came with a matching headband and optional sleeves, on various occasions.
It said the dress' auction price exceeded initial estimates and went to an unidentified museum abroad.
- Supreme Court seeks Election Commission reply on increasing VVPAT sample survey per assembly segment
- Pakistan will celebrate Diwali if Congress wins LS elections: Vijay Rupani
- Naveen Patnaik says no national party will receive Majority in upcoming LS polls
- BJD announces 9 assembly constituencies candidates
- AAP in Delhi moves SC seeking constitution to decide who controls services