- Ruturaj Gaikwad from Chennai Super Kings has tied the knot with Utkarsha Pawar
- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- Srisailam temple gets 5 battery-operated vehicles
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Nellore: Kakani Govardhan Reddy lauds YSRCP rule as golden era for farmers
- Tirupati: Municipal Corporation of Tirupati standing panel gives nod for Rs 4 cr development works
NCC constructs National War Memorial
The National War Memorial dedicated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the nation recently was constructed by NCC Ltd The citybased construction major said the contract was awarded by Project Director, IDS, MESThe National War Memorial NWM adjoining India Gate Complex in New Delhi is spread over nearly 40 acres
Hyderabad: The National War Memorial dedicated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the nation recently was constructed by NCC Ltd. The city-based construction major said the contract was awarded by Project Director, IDS, MES.The National War Memorial (NWM) adjoining India Gate Complex in New Delhi is spread over nearly 40 acres.
It comprises of four concentric circles, namely- the ‘Amar Chakra’, the ‘Veerta Chakra’, the ‘Tyag Chakra’ and the ‘Rakshak Chakra’, with names of 25,942 soldiers inscribed in gold leafing on the granite tablets.NCC Ltd in a statement said, “the company has the proud privilege of constructing
the National War Memorial project pursuant to a contract awarded.”
Further, the construction major said the memorial also included a central obelisk, an eternal flame and a gallery which includes six bronze murals, depicting famous battles fought by the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.Besides, NCC seized this opportunity to contribute an amount of Rs 50 lakh to the Army Welfare CSR Fund. Earlier, it contributed Rs 50 lakh to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus fund which is managed by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.