- Everyone benefiting from schemes without any discrimination under Modi govt: Yogi Adityanath
- Majority of apps yet to be relisted on Google Play: Industry body
- UP govt to hold one-day meet on tackling drought through technology
- Chinese President Xi Jinping congratulates Shehbaz Sharif on election as Pakistan's PM
- Schools of Eminence will give wings to dreams: Punjab CM
- "Ram Charan Joins Khan Trio: Naatu Naatu Dance | SRK's Jai Shri Ram"
- Tejashwi attacks Nitish Kumar, BJP at Jan Vishwas Maharally in Patna
- ‘Sharathulu Varthisthai’ trailer connects to every middle-class person
- ‘Premalu’ trailer: Hilarious
- ‘Bhimaa’pre-release event sets the stage for a grand release
Latha elated to debut in Telugu
Latha Hegde will make her debut in Tollywood opposite Nara Rohit in ‘Tuntari’, a remake of a Tamil film ‘Maan Karate’.
Latha Hegde will make her debut in Tollywood opposite Nara Rohit in ‘Tuntari’, a remake of a Tamil film ‘Maan Karate’. The actress says it was her pics in FaceBook that made her land in the project. “In 2013, director Kumar Nagendra saw my pics and got in touch and pitched the film’s plot line to me. I liked the script but still I was in a spot of bother whether to do or not but later, I made my decision to get into films,” she explains.
Interestingly, the actress flew from New Zealand to shoot for the film. Sharing more details, Latha reveals, “I was born in Bangalore but migrated to New Zealand (Auckland) at seven. Later, I gained interest in acting and modeling and participated in theatre plays and even won Miss India New Zealand. I had to come from New Zealand and shoot for the film and fly back. I did not have any camera fear when I started because modeling helped me to be camera-friendly.”
The slender beauty says shooting for the film has been a wonderful experience. “I have to thank Rohit and director Kumar Nagendra. They made me comfortable on the sets and encouraged me to pick up the language (Telugu) as well. I play an innocent young girl in the film who falls for a sportsman,” explains Latha, who graduated in Marketing and Human Resources Management from University of Auckland.