- Rajamahendravaram: All house plot beneficiaries to get title deeds
- Tirupati: Lord Govindaraja Swamy blesses devotees from Sarvabhoopala Vahanam
- Jaganannaku Chebudam draws huge response in Nellore, Kadapa
- Tirupati: MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy takes out bike rally
- Bengaluru: Education department issues guidelines for reopening of schools
- Madanapalle medical college works move at a snail’s pace
- Bengaluru: DK Shivakumar meets Jagan Mohan Reddy’s sister Sharmila
- Parvathipuram: Extend support for development of villages, bankers told
- Srikakulam: N ChandraBabu Naidu harassed NTR, says Chinta Mohan
- Bengaluru: BBMP officials told to work honestly and keep a record of every work
Tendulkar supports Marathi film on lives of policemen
Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar got to flaunt his love for Marathi cinema by supporting \"Police Line - Ek Purna Satya\", a film based on the lives of policemen when they\'re on and off duty.
Mumbai: Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar got to flaunt his love for Marathi cinema by supporting "Police Line - Ek Purna Satya", a film based on the lives of policemen when they're on and off duty.
"My elder brother told me about this upcoming Marathi movie 'Police Line - Ek Purna Satya', which is based on the lives of policemen who face challenges and restrictions that come in their way due to which they cannot be a part of special occasions within their families like celebrating their kid's birthdays and other festivals," Tendulkar said in a statement.
"They have different obstructions... they have to go all out to help others and cannot be present to help their own families when needed as they are on duty all the time", he added.
In order to highlight the hardships policemen face and the way they get treated by the public, he said: "We take them for granted by quoting facts like it is their responsibility to always be there doing their duty."
"For example, if there is a festival the policemen are present to protect the city in its celebrations without being a part of the proceedings. When we think of protection, the first name that strikes our minds is police. They sacrifice their desires for us. People need to understand that they have a personal life too and this is what 'Police Line - Ek Purna Satya' is set to showcase," he added.
Sources reveal that his elder brother Nitin Tendulkar has penned the lyrics of the theme song of the movie that has been dedicated to Maharashtra police.
Helmed by Raju Parsekar, "Police Line - Ek Purna Satya" is slated for a February 5 release. It stars actors Santosh Juvekar, Sayali Sanjeev, Nisha Parulekar, Vijay Kadam, Pradeep Kabre and Jaywant Wadkar.
The film is produced by Vaishali Pawar and Rupali Pawar of Jijau Creation and presented by Sridhar Chari of Sai Shri Creation.