Things you don't know about Baahubali 2
SS Rajamouli\'s magnum opus Baahubali: The Conclusion is finally hitting the screens worldwide on April 28. Following the first installment released in 2015, the fans have had a two year long wait.
SS Rajamouli's magnum opus Baahubali: The Conclusion is finally hitting the screens worldwide on April 28. Following the first installment released in 2015, the fans have had a two year long wait.
While everyone is pretty excited over the release of Baahubali 2, here are some interesting facts of the highly anticipated movie:
- Baahubali 2 trailer is believed to be the highest viewed movie trailer in India with 77 million views.
- With the first installment ending in Baahubali-loyalist Kattappa killing the former, the audiences worldwide were keen to know as to why Kattappa killed Baahubali which resulted in a phrase whose acronym WKKB has become a popular hashtag on social media.
- Both the movies have been made at a cost of Rs400-450 crore with the first installment garnering Rs 600 crore worldwide when it released in 2015.
- Baahubali 2 is the first movie in the history of Indian cinema to release in over 6500 screens across the country.
- In both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the movie will be released in nearly 95% of all theatres with five to six shows per day.
- The sequel will have a wide release overseas with more than 1000 screen count.
- Owing to its popularity, the Baahubali franchise launched an animated series titled Lost Legends on Amazon Prime.
- Also, a real-time mobile strategy game, titled Baahubali: The Game will be launched this week on Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- A virtual reality experience, titled The Sword of Baahubali was also premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York last week.