Sickening conditions in upgraded hospital
Nagesh SunukriUtter insanitary conditions bedevil the local Area Hospital that was upgraded to a district hospital following bifurcation. Things have come to such a pass that even minor showers can complicate matters beyond redemption.
Wanaparthy: Utter insanitary conditions bedevil the local Area Hospital that was upgraded to a district hospital following bifurcation. Things have come to such a pass that even minor showers can complicate matters beyond redemption.
Widespread water-logging on the premises of the hospital renders walking almost impossible. Patients, attendants and visitors encounter untold misery whenever the land gets marshy.
As if the rain havoc is not enough, stray dogs and pigs gather near the kitchen on the hospital premises, making it difficult to cook food. Foul smell emanates from the washing area always.
Mindless discarding of medical wastes, including IV fluid bottles and syringes, has been posing problems to patients. Although the hospital is now considered a district hospital, it has slipped in position in terms of the amenities it provides to patients.
Strangely, officials of the District Medical and Health Office who at times seek to “sensitise” people about how insanitary conditions can spread seasonal diseases not bother to ensure hygienic surroundings in their own backyard.
By Nagesh Sunukri
- MLA, 6 others killed in attack by Naga militants in Arunachal
- TMC-BJP clashes: Train services disrupted, bomb hurled outside railway station in WB
- Father-son duo Mulayam and Akhilesh Yadav cleared from disproportionate assets case
- Lok Sabha polls 2019: These Kingmakers could decide who forms the new government
- They can keep dreaming: Kharge on BJP's alleged bid to form government in Karnataka