- CBI initiates preliminary inquiry into 'irregularities' in renovation of Delhi CM’s residence
- SC directed to present joint arguments on the Delhi Service Bill petition filed by the Kejriwal government
- Police seized ganja worth Rs.93 lakhs
- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
Notorious chain-snatcher arrested, gold ornaments seized
Shamshabad Special Operations Team SOT along with Shankarpally police arrested an alleged chain snatcher on Sunday and seized 100 grams of gold ornaments worth Rs 32 lakh and a bike from him According to N Prakash Reddy, DCP, Shamshabad, the accused K Srinivas 36, a contract worker in TSSPDCL at Jeedimetla, was involved in seven cases of chainsnatching in Cyberabad, Sangareddy and Siddipet
Hyderabad: Shamshabad Special Operations Team (SOT) along with Shankarpally police arrested an alleged chain- snatcher on Sunday and seized 100 grams of gold ornaments worth Rs 3.2 lakh and a bike from him. According to N Prakash Reddy, DCP, Shamshabad, the accused K Srinivas (36), a contract worker in TSSPDCL at Jeedimetla, was involved in seven cases of chain-snatching in Cyberabad, Sangareddy and Siddipet districts.
The accused used to target the women in the colonies, villages while they were going to temples, schools and shops. He was addicted to toddy and in January 2019 when he was consuming toddy at a compound in Chevella, he read a news item about a chain snatched from a woman who was walking alone on the road. Then he decided to commit chain snatchings to meet his lavish expenses.
The accused, the police said, had committed seven chain snatchings within 45 days period. The police teams with the help of CCTV footage and nabbed him at BDL X roads of Shankarpally police station limits. He was produced before the court and remanded in judicial custody.