- One ticket unsold at every screening ‘Adipurush;’ makers clarifies the reason
- Gujarat Pollution Control Board and Marwadi University conclude hackathon on waste processing, Valsad team emerges winner
- WWDC 2023: Apple's new MacBook Air is the "world's thinnest."
- Amit Shah Nadda to visit Hyderabad.
- Precious Stone found by Farmer in Kurnool
- Tirupati: SVU, SVVU show improvement in NIRF rankings
- Important to have green cover: DK Shivakumar
- CM Jagan visits Polavaram, Police impose restrictions on Media
- Odisha train crash: CBI begins probe, railways suspect 'physical tampering' in system
- Youth commits suicide after losing money in Online games in Konaseema
DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy visits SRM AP
SRM University AP hosted G Satheesh Reddy, eminent scientist and Defence Research Development Organisation DRDO Chairman, on the campus
Amaravati: SRM University AP hosted G Satheesh Reddy, eminent scientist and Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman, on the campus. He was formally received by SRM University AP Registrar D Gunasekaran and Deputy Registrar B Sivakumar. Besides SRM AP Faculty, Guntur Joint Collector A Md. Imtiaz was also present on SRMAP campus for the interaction with Reddy. Reddy stressed that while R&D is progressing at breakneck speed the world over, India needs to shift from her dependence on imported technology. He encouraged SRM-AP to emerge as a hub for new technology development. “Faculty at academic institutions like SRM-AP can play a major role in developing processes and technologies to help local industries not only improve product quality and output”, he said, “but also indigenously manufacture specialised equipment and machines.”
Reddy took a keen interest in faculty research presentations particularly themes relevant to aerospace and defence applications such as advanced materials (high temperature coatings), laser technology (warfare and Tera Hertz applications), additive manufacturing and underwater object detection. Providing pointers on developing new technologies, Reddy appreciated the PhD credentials and vast experience of SRM-AP faculty and invited them to submit proposals in fields relevant to DRDO.
G Satheesh Reddy spoke of matters like aligning future university led research objectives with national priorities. Reddy holds four key national government portfolios; He is Secretary to the Government of India in the department of Defence R&D; Chairman, Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO); Director General, Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Scientific Advisor to the Defence Minister (RM). The faculty of SRMAP expressed their interest in participating with Governmental projects and assist in nation building.