- Your ears and toes can be hotspots for unhealthy microbes: Study
- Two die during Ganesh immersion procession in Hyderabad
- World Heart Day: 1,250 new heart attack cases reported in people under 35 years in B’luru in last two years
- We have faith in the courts, and will get justice: Former Minister Narayana
- Spotify to roll out auto-generated transcripts to millions of podcasts
- Blast near mosque in Balochistan kills 6, injures 30
- Karimnagar: Anganwadi workers’ strike enters 18th day
- PL Technical Research: Vaishali Parekh, Vice President - Technical Research, Prabhudas Lilladher Pvt.
- YS Jagan disburses YSR Vahana Mitra funds, says next election is war between rich and poor
- Vijayawada: ‘Swaminathan made indelible mark on Indian agri sector’
Any action only after studying SC comments: Manmohan
In the wake of embarrassing comments against the government by the Supreme Court, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said any action required will be taken...
In the wake of embarrassing comments against the government by the Supreme Court, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said any action required will be taken after he studies the observations made by the top court. "I have not studied the Supreme Court's observations. Whatever action is called for will be taken after studying it," Singh told reporters. His remarks came when asked to comment on the embarrassment faced by the government in the apex court over the coal allocation issue. Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who is under Opposition attack, met the Prime Minister and is understood to have discussed the implications of the court's observations. The court has said there was a "very disturbing" feature in the CBI affidavit as sharing information about the status report on coal block allocation with the government has shaken the entire process. CBI Director Ranjit Sinha, in his two-page affidavit filed in the apex court on April 26, had said that the agency's status report on the coal scam was "shared" with the Law Minister and senior officials of PMO and the Coal Ministry "as desired by them".