- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Heavy rush for Garuda Seva
Heavy rush for Garuda Seva, Thousands of devotees, along with their families, were seen waiting eagerly in galleries on Tirumala Hills on Wednesday evening to have a darshan of Lord Balaji on Garuda Vahana.
Thousands of devotees, along with their families, were seen waiting eagerly in galleries on Tirumala Hills on Wednesday evening to have a darshan of Lord Balaji on Garuda Vahana.
The four Mada Streets around the Tirumala temple were filled with pilgrims by evening. Thousands of pilgrims, having come from various parts of Tamil Nadu on foot and by buses, waited for hours together for Garuda Seva. Most of them brought their own food packets and drinking water. Over 200 galleries were filled up by afternoon itself.
Some of the pilgrims staying in various Mutts were moved to the galleries near Vasantha Mandapam.
The Samaikyandhra agitation and power cut problem impacted overall pilgrim turnout for Garuda Seva this year. Devotees who reached Tirumala by RTC buses numbered more than 28,000 by evening. At least 8,000 four-wheelers and over 9,000 motorcycles passed through the Alipiri Toll Gate by 7.00 pm.
Over 65,000 devotees were served tiffin till 3 pm by volunteers, Srivari Sevaks and staff of Annadanam. The TTD served milk and butter milk to around two lakh pilgrims.
There was tight security on the entire Tirumala Hills for the Garuda Seva.