- Tirupati: Ballot & control unit boxes reach Tirupati
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 29 September, 2023
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 29th September 2023
- Protests And Shutdowns Grip Bengaluru Over Cauvery Water Dispute
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 29 September, 2023
- Raise awareness about heart health
- Delhi Government Extends Excise Policy: Impact On Liquor Trade And Future Plans
- Chittoor: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy sanctioned Rs 2,800 crore for water needs says Minister P Ramachandra Reddy
- A true son of soil, who met India’s food needs
- AP High Court to hear Chandrababu's anticipatory bail plea in IRR case today
Feminism, A Fight to Equality
Feminism= Fight to Equality: Firstly before going too deep about the current topic of the need of feminism, lets us make it clear on what Feminism means and who a Feminist is, in simple a feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.
Firstly before going too deep about the current topic of the need of feminism, lets us make it clear on what Feminism means and who a Feminist is, in simple a feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men. Although it is true that most of the feminism concentrates on gender related issues that mostly have women and children struggling due to domestic abuse, rape crimes, child abuse, child labor, human trafficking etc, but one also needs to check that fact that the amount of violence against them is far more intense and heinous than that of the crimes that happen against men. Now this can be called a biased opinion or even be called as something that is totally irrelevant, but it is not.
Now before you go out and say that you don’t need feminism or don’t need to be a feminist you need to put yourself into the shoes of a 12 year old girl that is forced to get married to a man double her age just because her family doesn’t want to take her burden, you need to keep yourself into the shoes of that girl somewhere in the corner of the world going through child birth even though she herself is unhealthy, you will need to put yourself into the shoes of that woman out there who just got raped because she is a woman who was wearing jeans or something that is called reveling by men out there. In a way you are trying to say that women don’t deserve to stand at an equal ground and compete with men, you are trying to say that every child that is being abused, bullied and in some cases killed for his or her body parts doesn’t deserve the life they have, by saying that you don’t need feminism just because you have not experienced anything that suppresses you in your life you degrade each and every woman in the history that have fought for your right to vote, your right to own a property, a child’s right to have a decent life at a school, a child’s right to have a normal non abusive life and your right to have a decent life standing at an equal ground with a man rather than staying at home, being in a kitchen as put by a lot of people “where you belong”.
You might not believe half of what is stated here but when we do get down to it and look at the statists that say the following:
By saying no to feminism you are:
1. You are saying that this girl down there deserves what happen to her and many others like her do:
Meet Rose, nine years old, who was raped so violently her hips are permanently damaged.
2. By saying No to Feminism you are saying that you are okay with child marriage:
3. By saying No to Feminism you mean its okay for this to happen to these girls:
4. By saying No to Feminism you are saying that it is okay for this to happen:
5. By saying No to Feminism you are also okay with this:
There are a lot more things that come when you say no to Feminism but the truth of those things are so brutal that you sometimes lose your faith in humanity.
By Amritha Lawrence