- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
- SC summons Jharkhand Chief Secretary to be present before it on Oct 9
- Rahul surprises mother Sonia Gandhi with puppy; shares video
AK Khan out, Salman Khan in
It is not just the common man but even the name of Director General of Anti-Corruption Bureau A K Khan’s name is missing from the voters’ list for GHMC polls. But interestingly a voter ID card and voter slip with Bollywood actor Salman Khan\'s photo was found in the voters list in Gowlipura polling booth under Yakutpura Assembly constituency.
Hyderabad: It is not just the common man but even the name of Director General of Anti-Corruption Bureau A K Khan’s name is missing from the voters’ list for GHMC polls. But interestingly a voter ID card and voter slip with Bollywood actor Salman Khan's photo was found in the voters list in Gowlipura polling booth under Yakutpura Assembly constituency.
The Photo Identity Card has (EPIC) No YVO 1360395, photo of Salman Khan and even the name of his father has been correctly mentioned as Saleem Khan. This has even left the SEC commissioner surprised. When asked about it, he said, "I am unaware of this and no one brought it to my notice.
This type of errors can happen while dealing with 74 lakh voters in the GHMC limits.” AK Khan who went to the polling booth in Chinmaya Vidyalaya school in Kundanbagh division (in Begumpet) to exercise his franchise was shocked when he was told that his vote was missing in the electoral list.
He cast his vote in the same Chinmaya Vidyalaya polling booth in the 2009 GHMC election. Curious, Khan searched for his name in the remaining three polling booths in the Kundanbagh division but failed to find it. AK Khan upset with the election authorities, complained to the TSEC in this regard.