22 killed in Bolivia road accident
A headon collision between two buses on the OruroPotosi highway in Bolivia has left at least 22 people dead and more than 30 others injured, police said
La Paz:A head-on collision between two buses on the Oruro-Potosi highway in Bolivia has left at least 22 people dead and more than 30 others injured, police said.
The accident occurred on Saturday on the highway around 40 km from the city of Challapata, Romulo Delgado, commander general of the police, told reporters.
The injured have been taken to hospitals in Challapata and Oruro city. The incident was under investigation, Xinhua reported citing the police officer.
According to preliminary police report, the accident could have been caused due to excessive speed and one of the buses may have crossed into the oncoming lane, in addition that rain and fog could have obstructed the drivers' vision.
- As BJP fields Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur, Kavita Khanna says 'felt betrayed'
- Delhi court sends N D Tiwari's daughter-in-law Apoorva to 2 day police custody
- Modi to hold Varanasi road show tomorrow, file nomination on April 26
- Arvind Kejriwal to release AAP's manifesto tomorrow
- 'Darkness will prevail, if Modi not get votes': Smriti Irani in Amethi