- Kanpur: Several women found wrongly availing widow’ pension in Uttar Pradesh
- Neemrana Steel’s production unit goes on stream in Sri City
- New Delhi: Haryana’s Ahirwal region BJP leader joins Congress
- YSRCP govt diverted Rs 13,364 cr Panchayat funds: BJP
- Tirupati: Cook healthy traditional dishes to avoid diseases
- APTDC revenue rises to Rs 163 cr in 2022-23
- Hypertension cured with stents in kidney arteries
- Vijayawada: Left demands rollback of power charges
- Women voluntarily supporting Naidu: Bhuvaneswari
- Ahmedabad: India will soon emerge as global economic powerhouse says PM Narendra Modi
Cheques distributed to Kalyana Lakshmi beneficiaries
Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy stated that the State government was striving for the welfare of poor in the State. On Friday, he distributed cheques to 200 beneficiaries of Kalyana Lakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak schemes, during a meeting held at Suryapet Collectorate.
Suryapet: Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy stated that the State government was striving for the welfare of poor in the State. On Friday, he distributed cheques to 200 beneficiaries of Kalyana Lakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak schemes, during a meeting held at Suryapet Collectorate.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said Andhra rulers in united Andhra Pradesh had completely ignored Telangana in all aspects. In view of this, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao after formation of Telangana designed various welfare and development programmes for the welfare of poor.
These schemes include Rs 1 lakh loan waiver to framers, KG to PG free education, scraping of auto taxes, infrastructure development in government hospitals on par with corporate ones and introduction of KCR Kits to improve the deliveries in government hospitals, he noted.
The Minister also listed out various welfare programs designed by the government for the welfare of neglected sections and achievements of the government in last three-and-a-half years.
Collector Surendra Mohan urged the officials and staff concerned to provide nutritious food to pregnant women in the district. He urged the pregnant women to go for institutional deliveries at government hospitals and avail government benefits.