- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
Dist Collector inaugurates SBH branch
Khammam: District Collector Siddharth Jain said that banks play a pivotal role in the development of tribals and the poor in Agency areas. He...
Khammam: District Collector Siddharth Jain said that banks play a pivotal role in the development of tribals and the poor in Agency areas. He stressed the need for establishing more bank branches in the Agency region. The Collector inaugurated a branch of State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH) at Satyanarayanpuram in Cherla mandal near here on Wednesday. ITDA Project Officer Veera Pandyan inaugurated the cash counter and SBI DGM Matthew Kutty inaugurated strong room. Speaking with the reporters at the programme, the Collector said that banks were already established at Chintur, Gundala, Lakshminagar and informed that efforts were on for establishing branches at Vajedu and Perur. The Collector said that Government is spending thousands of crores for the welfare of tribals. Siddharth Jain reminded the key role played by the banks in the economic development of farmers and the poor. He asked the bankers not to encourage the middle men. He suggested the bankers to cater to the financial needs of tribals and farmers. He opined that new bank branches in the Agency areas would immensely benefit unemployed youth. DGM Matthew Kutty informed that SBI would start 1500 more branches by the end of March. The DGM said that the bank would award meritorious scholarships to the talented poor students. SBH AGM Rayappa, NABARD AGM Prasad and others participated in the programme. Bankers told to achieve loan targets Khammam: District Collector Siddharth Jain has asked the bankers of various banks to meet the given targets in providing loans to the identified beneficiaries under various welfare schemes being introduced by the State and Central Governments. The Collector addressed a meeting of bankers at ITDA conference hall at his office here on Wednesday. ``Various departments have been implementing welfare schemes for the benefit of the people of below poverty line (BPL) and a number of persons applied for financial assistance. The bankers have to take steps to provide loans to all the eligible persons before March 31,'' the Collector said. Subsidies to the poor Girijans would be provided by the Departments of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Horticulture and other wings after getting approvals from the bankers. Several persons have applied to start dairy units in the villages and they would be provided with the financial assistance, Siddharth Jain said. Bankers, chief managers and managers of banks were present at the meeting.