- Visakhapatnam: Officials gear up for a hassle-free Navy Day fete
- Hyderabad: Many in city don’t get voter slips
- Visakhapatnam: Officials find stale meat served in many eateries
- EC warns action against companies not declaring holiday
- Vijayawada: 2-yr-old recovers from acute leukemia with chemotherapy
- Rajamahendravaram: Rural youth trained in making jute products
- Revanth completes 87 public meetings in 63 segments
- V-C Manoj of SRM-AP receives Bhaskar Award
- From Dilli to Hyd’bad gulli, urban voter apathy persists
- Telangana will prosper if Congress wins: Vijayashanti
Two-month-old baby girl dies after vaccination
A twomonthold baby girl succumbed to death after she was administered a vaccine in a primary health centre PHC in RajannaSircilla district on Wednesday
A two-month-old baby girl succumbed to death after she was administered a vaccine in a primary health centre (PHC) in Rajanna-Sircilla district on Wednesday.
The vaccine has also caused three more children to get hospitalized at Yellareddypet PHC. One of them is said to be in critical condition while the other two infants are stable.
The parents of the baby girl, Bapu Reddy and Madhavi brought her to the PHC and shifted her to a local private hospital when she fell sick. However, the baby’s condition turned worse within half an hour after the vaccine. While the parents tried to shift her to Karimnagar but she had succumbed to death by then.
According to the district medical and health officer Dr. R Maruthi Rao, 11 children were given the Pentavalent vaccine at the PHC following which four developed health issues. Health officer Dr. V Meenakshi has been suspended and action is expected to be taken against the paramedical staff as well. Officials are trying to decipher as to what caused the reaction. Doctors from the health department are planning to visit the PHC for an inquiry.