- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
248 party workers died by hearing M Karunanidhi’s death: DMK
DMK said that 248 party workers died, who were shocked by the death of M Karunanidhi The party has announced a consolation of Rs 2 lakh to their families
Chennai: On Tuesday, the DMK said that 248 party workers died, who were shocked by the death of M Karunanidhi. The party has announced a consolation of Rs 2 lakh to their families.
At the party general council meeting, they said, “After knowing about the hospitalisation and failing health of Karunanidhi and later his death,248 party workers died.”
“This general council resolves to provide a solatium of Rs 2 lakh each totaling Rs 4.96 crore to their families,” said the DMK.
M Karunanidhi died on August 7 here in a private hospital after suffering from illness for a long time.