- Rupee edges up as more foreign funds flow into stocks
- Telangana New CM Revanth Reddy Swearing-In Ceremony Live Updates
- Delhi court grants bail to an accused in 2020 riots case
- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- National Microwave Oven Day 2023: Date, history and significance
- Get ready for Parliament elections...State Chief Election officer Lokesh Kumar
- Indian Coast Guard Executes Rescue Mission in Karwar Retrieves 27 Stranded Fishermen Safely from the Arabian Sea
- Nations must come up with clear signal for terminal decline of fossil fuel era
HC intervenes after medical check-up to Varavara Rao denied
The city apex court on Wednesday asked Varavara Raos wife Hemalatha to file a petition seeking medical checkup to her husband who is being house arrested for a week now
The city apex court on Wednesday asked Varavara Rao's wife Hemalatha to file a petition seeking medical check-up to her husband who is being house arrested for a week now.
Hemalatha's counsel D. Suresh Kumar requested the court to allow the doctor to treat Varavara Rao. He also told the bench comprising Justice CV Nagarjuna Reddy and Justice P. Kesava Rao that heavy police force has been deployed at the house preventing the doctor from treating. With respect to the plea, state counsel Santhosh Kumar told the bench to allow a government doctor instead of private doctors.
He also told the court that the case of Varavara Rao will be heard by the Supreme Court on Thursday following which the bench adjourned the case by a week.