- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
- Number of students in Delhi govt schools decreases by over 30,000: RTI reply
- US condemns China for imposing life sentence on Uyghur academic
- Lorry owners strike - makes no headway
Heavy rains to continue in Hyderabad today, IMD issues alert
Heavy rains wreaked havoc in the city throwing the life of citizens out of gear Many of the areas were waterlogged and affected the traffic flow
Hyderabad: Heavy rains wreaked havoc in the city throwing the life of citizens out of gear. Many of the areas were waterlogged and affected the traffic flow.
Till afternoon, the people reeled under intense heatwave and the sudden downpour brought relief from hot and humid weather conditions. But the people in low lying areas suffered from the rainwater venturing into their houses.
According to the Indian Meteorological Department, the rains will continue to lash the city on Wednesday from the afternoon.
Asif Nagar in the city recorded maximum rainfall of 68mm followed by Charminar of 66.8 mm and Serilingampally of 63.3 mm. The traffic police requested the motorists to avoid CM's camp office road.
On the other hand, GHMC commissioner M Dana Kishore alerted the emergency teams and disaster response teams to clear the water logging on the roads which affected the traffic flow. He also ordered the HMWSSB teams to ensure if the manholes are covered.