- She Teams caught 55 people red handed for teasing women at Ganesh Pandals in Hyd
- JICA and 8 Japanese organisations supporting IIT Hyderabad host Japan Week
- General elections in Pakistan in last week of January 2024: ECP
- OnePlus Open foldable smartphone launching soon; Expected launch date and features
- Unlocking your career path: The art of information interviewing
- OSCAR Foundation to host UK Football Tour for underprivileged children
- Protests erupt in Karnataka after Supreme Court refuses to interfere with orders on release of Cauvery water to TN
- U'khand CM Dhami slams INDIA bloc over Sanatan Dharma row
- Nifty intra-day rises in the near term could face profit taking
- Asian Games: Swimming federation to the rescue as organisers give no time for acclimatisation
Telangana polls: 18 lakh new voters enrolled
Around 18 lakh people have enrolled their names in the Forum6 after KCR has announced assembly dissolution early of this month, said Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar
Around 18 lakh people have enrolled their names in the Forum-6 after KCR has announced assembly dissolution early of this month, said Chief Electoral Officer Rajath Kumar.
Rajath also said that people can enrol their names 10 days before of filing nominations from the candidates.
Speaking at the secretariat, he said that the date for submission of representations on the existing voter list will be ended by September 25. He also asked the opposition parties to make use of the opportunity to submit their representations to Booth-level officers on fake voter cards if any.
The CEO also said that they have found nearly five lakh fake voters with the help of ERO NET, a software developed by Election Commission of India. He also said that notices will be sent to the identified fake voters seeking an explanation from them within 7 days.
Meanwhile, the election commission has removed 1.2 lakh deceased voter names.