- Greece sees India playing a key role in world peace and security
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments on Fan Video, Promises Meet-Up for 90% in Exams
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju’s CEO amid court order
- Bolla Brahmanaidu participates in Volunteer Vandanam in Vinukonda
- Salem-based college students power ISRO’s new INSAT-3DS with precision equipment
- Operation Valentine Trailer: Varun Tej's Next Film Promises Top Gun Vibes
- Hindupur YSRCP incharge Deepika participates in Volunteer Vandanam in rural mandal
- CM Yogi orders relief for those affected by rain, hailstorm
- Fresh tension in Sandeshkhali: Property of Shahjahan’s brother burnt by mob
- Etawah Lion Safari faces breeding issues with sibling lions
Former PM HD Deve Gowda renovates 'lucky' Delhi residence before poll
JDS chief and former PM HD Deve Gowda performed a housewarming ceremony at his New Delhi residence, 5 Safdarjung Lane, on Friday The ceremony took place a day after Gowda met Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu in a bid to fixup an antiBJP front
BENGALURU: JD(S) chief and former PM HD Deve Gowda performed a housewarming ceremony at his New Delhi residence, 5 Safdarjung Lane, on Friday. The ceremony took place a day after Gowda met Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu in a bid to fixup an anti-BJP front.
The house, which Gowda owned before he became PM in 1996 is considered lucky by the family. The housewarming follows renovation of the house and difference in vaastu changes made on the advice of an astrologer. As Naidu came calling on Thursday, Gowda’s son and Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy declared that the 2019 Lok Sabha polls would be a redo of 1996.
In 1996 too, Naidu had played a pivotal role in bringing together parties under the Congress-backed alliance which made Gowda PM."By god’s grace, my physical and mental faculties are efficient. That may not be the only eligibility to become PM," Gowda told media before leaving for Dubai.