Telangana: Woman forced to contest in Panchayat elections in Nalgonda, dies
A woman committed suicide after being forced to contest in Panchayat elections as well as harassed to bring Rs 5 lakh from her parents
A woman committed suicide after being forced to contest in Panchayat elections as well as harassed to bring Rs 5 lakh from her parents.
The victim Radha (22) was married to Lingamaiah of Erraguntapalli eight months ago. Radha's parents has promised to buy a two-wheeler during the time of marriage but we're failed to provide due to the financial constraints. Ever since then, Lingamaiah began harassing her for the money and in the latest he forced her contest for the sarpanch post in Dindi of Nalgonda district.
On Tuesday, Radha had gone to her parents' home and narrated her ordeal. She then committed suicide on Wednesday following which she was admitted to a hospital in Hyderabad. She died on Friday night while undergoing treatment.
The police registered a case and are investigating.
- Two killed in Jammu and Kashmir landslide
- Jet airways suspends operations of 13 int'l routes over rentals non-payment
- Congress announces 35 more candidates for LS polls, Raj Babbar gets Fatehpur Sikri
- BJP releases 2nd list of candidates for upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Peaceful atmosphere must, PM Modi tells Imran Khan