Family is party in ‘many cases’, but party is family in BJP: Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 23 said democracy runs in the BJPs veins while in many other cases, family comprises the party
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 23 said democracy runs in the BJP’s veins while in many other cases, family comprises the party.
His comments came hours after Gandhi family scion Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was appointed a Congress general secretary and made in-charge of Uttar Pradesh East.
Interacting with BJP booth workers from Baramati, Gadchiroli, Hingoli, Nanded and Nandurbar in Maharashtra, Mr. Modi said unlike “many cases” where family is the party, for the BJP the party is family.
In an apparent reference to Ms. Gandhi, Mr. Modi said in the BJP, decisions are not taken on the wishes of a person or family. “In our party, decisions are taken on the basis of what party workers want,” he said.
Mr. Modi also said the BJP is driven by democratic principles. “Democracy runs in the veins of BJP which is why people of the country feel closer to the party.”
- Entered politics so that no woman should be tortured, says Sadhvi Pragya
- Ghaziabad techie who posted confession video of family murder arrested
- Bollywood Superstar Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Our aim is to overthrow the BJP and form a new government led by Rahul Gandhi: MK Stalin
- Tired of listening to PM beat his own trumpet on Pakistan: Chidambaram