- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Family is party in ‘many cases’, but party is family in BJP: Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 23 said democracy runs in the BJPs veins while in many other cases, family comprises the party
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 23 said democracy runs in the BJP’s veins while in many other cases, family comprises the party.
His comments came hours after Gandhi family scion Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was appointed a Congress general secretary and made in-charge of Uttar Pradesh East.
Interacting with BJP booth workers from Baramati, Gadchiroli, Hingoli, Nanded and Nandurbar in Maharashtra, Mr. Modi said unlike “many cases” where family is the party, for the BJP the party is family.
In an apparent reference to Ms. Gandhi, Mr. Modi said in the BJP, decisions are not taken on the wishes of a person or family. “In our party, decisions are taken on the basis of what party workers want,” he said.
Mr. Modi also said the BJP is driven by democratic principles. “Democracy runs in the veins of BJP which is why people of the country feel closer to the party.”