- TTD Chief Priests Refut Ramana Dikshitulu allegations
- Shivaji to Netaji: The legacy of two great heroes will be rekindled
- Home Ministry gives Z+ security to Congress' Mallikarjun Kharge
- Palestinian death toll rises to 29,410
- IRCTC ties up with Swiggy Foods for meals on trains
- Excise policy case: Delhi court extends Manish Sisodia's judicial custody
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
DA case: Virbhadra Singh's plea transferred to another bench
The Delhi High Court on Thursday transferred to another bench the plea of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife challenging a trial courts order directing that charges be framed against them in a disproportionate assets case
New Delhi:The Delhi High Court on Thursday transferred to another bench the plea of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife challenging a trial court's order directing that charges be framed against them in a disproportionate assets case.
Justice Mukta Gupta said that Singhs' plea will be heard by another bench.
The couple had earlier requested the Delhi High Court to set aside the trial court's order.
The trial court on December 10, 2018, ordered the framing of criminal misconduct and other charges against the former leader, his wife Pratibha Singh and seven others in the disproportionate assets case.
The charges will be formally framed against them on January 29.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had alleged that Virbhadra Singh possessed assets worth around Rs 10 crore, which were in his and his family members' names.
The CBI said that he failed to give a satisfactory answer regarding the assets which did not tally with his known income.