Youth held for uploading videos supporting Pulwama attack
The Tripura Police has arrested a youth for uploading video clips supporting the Pulwama terror attack on Facebook, a police official said on Sunday
Agartala: The Tripura Police has arrested a youth for uploading video clips supporting the Pulwama terror attack on Facebook, a police official said on Sunday.
The 23-year-old Pramesh Debbarma, a resident of Khowai in Tripura, was arrested from a hotel in Mysuru on Saturday for uploading video clips supporting and encouraging the attack on his Facebook page, Khowai district police chief Krishnendu Chakraborty told IANS.
He said the accused will be brought back to Tripura on Sunday for taking further action. Central intelligence agencies may also interrogate the detainee.
Chakraborty said the accused was arrested from the hotel, where he worked as a helper, with the help of the Mysuru police.
A case was registered against the youth under Section 124 (a) (sedition charges) and 120 (b) (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code, he added.
The February 14 terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district left 40 CRPF personnel dead.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students