17-year-old dies as tree falls on moving scooter
On Saturday night, near Kadirenahalli Cross on Outer Ring Road, south Bengaluru, a 17yearold scooterist was killed and his pillion was injured as a tree fell on their twowheeler
Highlights: On Saturday night, near Kadirenahalli Cross on Outer Ring Road, south Bengaluru, a 17-year-old scooterist was killed and his pillion was injured as a tree fell on their two-wheeler.
BENGALURU: According to the KS Layout police the incident occurred around 10.30 PM when the teenager and his friend, residing at Ilyas Nagar near Banashankari, were returning home from Deve Gowda Petrol Bunk area after spending some time with friends.
The deceased, Umair Pasha, and the injured Mohammed Matin were students pursuing I PU.
Chola Raj, deputy conservator of forests (BBMP) said that, “We suspect the root of the tree might have weakened, leading to its fall, as neither were the winds so strong, nor did it rain at night. We will identify the exact reason in our further examination.”
The public present during the incident had rushed Umair and Mohammed to a nearby hospital. As Umair has suffered severe head injuries and died within a few minutes of being admitted, Mohammed sustained minor injuries and was discharged from hospital on Sunday morning.
Police have filed a case of unnatural death. The body was handed over to the family after postmortem at KIMS Hospital.
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors