- SC to hear plea seeking action against TN Minister Udhayanidhi Stalin on Friday
- Assembly digitisation will enhance efficiency of MLAs: Punjab CM
- Army installs National Flag at War Memorial in J&K's Poonch
- Cisco to acquire cybersecurity leader Splunk for $28 bn in GenAI era
- Excercise your right to vote to elect righteous people.Additional Collector Cheerla
- Punjab CM seeks Governor’s intervention for release of central fund of Rs 5,637 crore
- No Constitutional transgression: RS Chairman Dhankhar slams Venugopal
- She Teams caught 55 people red handed for teasing women at Ganesh Pandals in Hyd
- JICA and 8 Japanese organisations supporting IIT Hyderabad host Japan Week
- General elections in Pakistan in last week of January 2024: ECP
Sikh man attacked in US, Harsimrat thanks Swaraj for intervention
Union Minister for Food Processing, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, on Wednesday thanked External Affairs Minister EAM Sushma Swaraj for taking quick cognisance of the alleged racial attacks on Sikhs in the United States of America USA
New Delhi: Union Minister for Food Processing, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, on Wednesday thanked External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj for taking quick cognisance of the alleged racial attacks on Sikhs in the United States of America (USA).
In a tweet Harsimrat informed that the Swaraj has asked the Indian Embassy in the USA to take up the issue with the American authorities.
"I just received a call from @SushmaSwaraj Ji. She has taken a note of the racial attack and has asked @USAmbIndia to take action. We are very thankful for her consideration and prompt response," Harsimrat tweeted.
Harsimrat, who is the Member of Parliament from Punjab, had earlier in the day raised concern over rising incidents of alleged racism against Sikhs in the USA and sought Swaraj's help.
"Second incident of racial attack on Sikhs in the US in last 7 days!
This is a serious matter @SushmaSwaraj Ji and we need to raise it on global level to ensure safety for Sikhs who are always at the forefront of community service," Harsimrat had tweeted.
Reaching out to the EAM, Harsimrat shared a CCTV footage on the micro-blogging site in which two masked men can be seen assaulting an elderly Sikh man, at what looked like a deserted road near a park.